Hornby Castle, Yorkshire (North Riding), was a fourteenth and fifteenth-century courtyard castle, with a late fourteenth-century corner tower known as St Quintin’s Tower, after the medieval family which occupied the castle (demolished in 1927) and fifteenth-century work done for William, Lord Conyers.
Hornby was largely rebuilt in the 1760s by John Carr of York, who was responsible for the surviving south range and the east range (demolished in the 1930s) and outbuildings, for Robert Darcy, 4th Earl of Holderness. The eventual heir was the Duke of Leeds, who assembled there rich early eighteenth-century furniture from several houses, illustrated in the books of Percy Macquoid.
- Christopher Conyers 1383-1456
- Margarey Conyers 1440-?